Graphic Designer (Paid Internship)
Hey there! We are The Hang Loose Hut! We create custom apparel for sororities and fraternities, working with over 100 schools around the country and counting. We are seeking out the most talented designers in Orange County to join our team to stretch your skills.
Because we understand you are a student and working around your classes is a priority of ours, we have a "create your own schedule" policy here. You are able to give us your desired days and hours each week and we will be able accommodate you.
If you are graduating soon, we are also looking for full-time Graphic Designers to join our team as well!
We just moved into a brand new office with standing desks for a productive environment and provide complimentary drinks and snacks. We have a work hard, play hard culture and enjoy our board game days on Wednesdays and our team outings, which has included escape rooms and karaoke and go kart racing. We pride ourselves on continuous improvement and are obsessed over processes and organization. We would love for you to apply and be a part of The Hang Loose Hut's journey to the moon!!
- Create and design graphics for apparel for the sorority and fraternity demographic
- Collaborate with Senior Graphic Designers and overseas design team to deliver artwork and mockups to customers
- Attend graphic design meetings and company-wide meetings on strategy and growth
- Conceptualize new art for apparel drops
- Understand the process of screen printing and creating artwork that pops on apparel
- Communicate directly with customer to understand requirements and revisions of logos
- Create graphics for social media and website
- Be currently enrolled in the Graphic Design department
- 1+ years of experience (school or personal projects count) in graphic design, utilizing Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- General knowledge of functionality of Illustrator and fundamentals of creating clean vector art
- Color theory and typography
- Coordinate directly with our designers both in office and overseas team
- Understanding of trends and brands that appeal to the college demographic
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Knowledge of the screen-printing process, ability to separate artwork, and assign Pantone colors for print-ready artwork is preferred, but not necessary
- Involvement or understanding of Greek life